Narrated `Abdullah RA, The Prophet ﷺ said:
خَيْرُ النَّاسِ قَرْنِي، ثُمَّ الَّذِينَ يَلُونَهُمْ، ثُمَّ الَّذِينَ يَلُونَهُمْ، ثُمَّ يَجِيءُ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ قَوْمٌ تَسْبِقُ شَهَادَتُهُمْ أَيْمَانَهُمْ وَأَيْمَانُهُمْ شَهَادَتَهُمْ .
“The best people are those of my generation, and then those who will come after them (the next generation), and then those who will come after them (i.e. the next generation), and then after them, there will come people whose witness will precede their oaths, and whose oaths will precede their witness.”
Sahih al-Bukhari (6429)
- Why should we learn about the lives or Seerah of the prophet Muhammad ﷺ and his Companions?
1) It will help us connect to them and increase our love for them.
2) The companions of the Prophet were blessed to observe the practice of the Prophet directly, so they were able to embody and practice the faith to perfection.
3) Their lives were also lessons for us and a source of guidance.
- Teach them early, before there’s no more room in their heart.